My name is Valeria Alarcon.
I have a passion for creativity, technology, and nature.
I am located in Orlando, FL and a graduate from the University of Central Florida with a bachelors degree in Digital Media: Web Design and a minor in Marketing.
I have a strong understanding of programming languages and graphics software.
I am a Digital Media Designer and Marketing Director for Supercooler Technologies and a Freelance Web Designer and Graphic Designer..
Experience and Education in Digital Media Design
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media at University of Central Florida allows students to integrate the multiple domains of art, storytelling, and technology. It is designed to provide a solid foundation in techniques and theory in one focused area of competence, provide a broad understanding of related disciplines including arts, humanities, and technology, and provide extended experience in working in multidisciplinary teams on realistic problems. I chose to specialize in Web Design.
DIGITAL MEDIA DESIGNER & MARKETING DIRECTOR
SUPERCOOLER TECHNOLOGIES, 08.2016 - PRESENT
- Managed website development process for all corporate and product websites and set standards for design in conjunction with marketing communications
- Designed and developed web page infrastructure, utilize applications to ensure technical performance, connect email campaigning tools, and assess new technologies to determine fit for business needs
- Coordinated graphic design projects using high end Adobe programs and other new software to create astonishing decals and UX for multiple products to deliver a user friendly experience
- Designed Logo, Business Cards, Letter Heads, Business Plans, Brochures, Company Guidelines, Instruction Manuals, etc. for business needs.
- Gathered web metrics and report on trends to bring successful marketing strategies and vast brand awareness and value to the company
- Consistently updated content on Website and Social Media to keep consumers up to date and excited about new products
- Took and edited quality photos and videos for website, brochures, and other media to create a professional representation of the company
- Coordinated photoshoots and video shoots for commercial purposes
SPECIALIST, VISUALS MERCHANDISER, MENTOR
APPLE, 08.2015 - 02.2017
- Develop new ideas and share with team members how to thrive in sales, product knowledge,and solutions, and highly influence in how to engage with customers, including how to turn mild customer curiosity into intense interest and ownership.
- Responsible for influencing the overall look and feel of Apple Retail Stores, driving the customer experience across demo programs, planning and implementing all reset activities, and following planograms that support the category strategy.
- Creating and driving global Visual Merchandising strategies for strategic categories, balancing brand identity and maximizing sales.
- Deep understanding of computer software and hardware parts.
- Provide specialized services to certain clients around the products, listening while probing to come up with the right solution and making sure the client is fully satisfied with the solution provided.
- Building rapport with clients to retain future business.
- Acknowledging clients’ needs or frustrations, aligning with them by putting myself in their shoes, and assuring that I will provide them with the best solution.
- Demonstrating learning agility on new software and hardware to present to clients.
- Help consumer configure Apple devices.
SUPERVISOR, SALES LEAD
ELEMENT, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS CITYWALK, 01.2014 - 08.2015
- Execute the direction of the Store Manager and Corporate Office to achieve business results and Brand Standard, as well as acquiring and developing talent • Communicate and supervise performance goals with employees by seeking and acting on feedback, as well as training and developing selling skills
- Manage sales execution to achieve financial goals within budget and on time by setting daily goals, analyzing monthly plans and managing labor hours
- Improved sales resulting in a 120% increase in conversion, the store hitting its sales goal and obtaining a Gold Star rating for the first time in four years in 2015, thus leading me to manage one of Billabong’s stores
- Achieved record number of consecutive Platinum sales months, and had the highest scoring annual review in the district
TOUR GUIDE AT KILIMANJARO SAFARIS
WALT DISNEY WORLD, 08.2011 - 08.2016
- Responsible for being a game driver in a GMC Safari vehicle, at the highest guest carried volume attraction at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Spectacular performance in a 22+ minute tour around the savannah of East Africa, educating and entertaining the guests about the many different African animals and conservation messages to give them a memorable and educational experience
- Demonstrated exceptional public speaking skills by speaking in front of over 350 guests per day
- Practiced safety and efficiency by helping to keep the guests' wait time to a minimum, and providing the best representation of the company
My passion for art and design started when I was very young at about 8 years old. My father was always the artist in the family and he would teach me how to draw for our school assignments and his drawings inspired me to want me to become as great of an artist as he is.
Growing up, I decided I wanted to be an artist, so I attended the University of Central Florida and got a Bachelors Degree in Digital Media Design and Marketing.
Disney animations have always been such a strong passion of mine so it was my dream to work for the company. During my time at college, I applied to the Disney College Program and excitingly, got accepted. I got my foot in the door with the company I want to be a part of. During my college program, I worked at the Animation gallery at Hollywood Studios and met so many talented Disney animators. Their work truly inspired me, especially a Disney cell artist named David Ripperger. He motivated me everyday during my program to never give up and left me with such a powerful message that led me to where I am today.
“A Dream remains just a Dream until we follow it.” -David Ripperger